My life is not this steep hour
through which you see me being swept.
I am a tree standing before my background,
of my many mouths I am but one -
the one, indeed, that’s always first to close.
I am the space between two notes
which, if wed, ring crossly:
for the death note craves finality -
But in their dark interval the two meet,
embrace again, and tremble.
And the beautiful song goes on.
Rainer Maria Rilke, The Book of Hours, translated by Edward Snow
#Rainer Maria Rilke
#The Book of Hours
#Mein Leben ist nicht diese steile Stunde
- sincerelyjoanna likes this
- savoirr likes this
- huong1952 likes this
- sighcai likes this
- leavesinthewinds said:such beautiful poem! do you know “der panther”, it is one of my favorites?
- leavesinthewinds likes this
- commovente likes this
- internatural likes this
- emotionally-comatose likes this
- learningfromthehands posted this